    my notebook? I would need to tap into some email accounts as well as some
    programs I have loaded. Could anyone give me some direction?
    TIA

    nade, Mar 23, 2006

  2. nade

    lgreenwood Guest

    Nade, I am not sure this will help, but I transfer files from laptop to
    laptop using Fastlynx. It is an inexpensive software that permits file
    transfers using either your parallel or serial or USB ports with a
    cable connection between the computers. They supply you with the
    necessary software and cables for the connection. The software is
    around $40 or so. I do the transfers mainly through the USB ports.

    Larry

    lgreenwood, Mar 23, 2006

  3. nade

    journey Guest

    There are many ways, but you didn't specify what hardware you have,
    how much data, how it is stored. I don't understand when you say "tap
    into some e-mail accounts as well as some programs you have loaded".

    If you want to move e-mail, it depends. Is it in AOL, Outlook
    Express, Outlook?

    With Outlook it's easy. Find the .pst file and move it to the new
    computer. For Outlook Express, I import into Outlook and then move
    that .pst.

    Are you on a wired or wireless network? Have a hub? Have a CD/DVD
    burner? An old Zip drive? There are too many variables.

    1G Flash drives are fairly inexpensive, you could use that. Or if you
    have a camera that uses SD cards, you could buy a SD reader and use a
    1G card to do the transfer.

    Just some ideas...

    Journey

    journey, Mar 24, 2006
  4. nade

    nade Guest

    Thanks so much

    nade, Mar 24, 2006
  5. nade

    lgreenwood Guest

    Nade, Just so you know there are some types of files that can not be
    transfered this way. See Journey's post below for more specific info.

    Larry

    lgreenwood, Mar 24, 2006