  1. Hi,

    Is there anyone who can tell me how to transfer audio data from a
    audio cassette onto a CD.

    David Campbell, Mar 4, 2004

  2. David Campbell

    Jim Phelps Guest

    Hi David, Basically you will need any audio device that can read a
    tape and has a Line Output connector. You will need a cable to fit the
    Line output of the player at one end, usually an RCA Plug, and a
    miniature stereo plug at the other to fit the Line In of your Sound
    Card in your computer. Radio Shack will have this cable. Most Windows
    Audio players will have the ability to play the tape and record at the
    same time. They will produce a XXXX.wav file that can be burned to the
    CD. The old windows SOUND RECORDER that came with 95/98 will not work
    here as it will only record for one minute. The wav file will be the
    entire tape and you will not be able to select tracks for playing. You
    can record one wav for each number on the tape. There are Editors for
    down loading that will do a good job of automaticall separating the
    tracks for you if the gaps between numbers is not noisy (Dolby tapes
    work great). Good luck with this, Jim

    Jim Phelps, Mar 5, 2004