    backup drive.
    Thank,
    Monica

    Monica, Aug 24, 2010

  2. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Well, not sure what an "external drive dock" is but that made me think of a
    internal hdd enclosure. That's what I'll do unless someone has a better
    solution.
    Monica

    Monica, Aug 24, 2010

  3. Monica

    Monica Guest

    GR, while looking for enclosures, I came across docking stations. Is one
    better than the other? It seems a little dangerous to have an internal
    drive sitting out on the desktop with no protection (housing/enclosure). Is
    that not a concern?
    Monica

    Monica, Aug 24, 2010
  4. Monica

    Sam Guest

    You are only going to use it until the data is transferred, be real careful
    and you shouldn't have any worry.
    Sam

    Sam, Aug 24, 2010
  5. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Think I'll go with an enclosure as I'd be able to use it in the future if I
    wanted to make the old internal backup drive into an external at some point.
    Are there specific features to look for? Here's and aluminum model from
    Rosewill. I'm open for suggestions :)
    Monica

    Rosewill RX-358-S SLV (Silver) 3.5" SATA to USB & eSATA Ext. Enclosure
    w/Int.80mm fan
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817173043

    Monica, Aug 25, 2010
  6. Monica

    Boris Guest

    If you're going to end up with the new drive as an internal drive, I'd get
    something like this so that I didn't have to mount/dismount in an external
    case just to copy data. That gets old. I have one of these, and I can
    quickly examine external drives and move data without having to install the
    drive in an external enclosure.

    http://www.xpcgear.com/ideusbv2.html

    Boris, Aug 27, 2010