    NMH Guest

    How do I transfer all my data files fromm the 8200 desktop Win XP, to the
    Inspiron 8500 Win XP? What equipment do I need?

    NMH, Jun 29, 2003

  2. NMH

    Tom Scales Guest

    A crossover cable, as long as your 8200 has a network port. Just plug them
    together and you can share the drives and copy data using explorer.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jun 30, 2003

  3. NMH

    Tom Scales Guest

    Yes, Network Card = NIC. Crossover is just a special network (NIC) cable
    with the wires crossed. One end plugs into the NIC on the 8200 and the
    other into the NIC on the 8500.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jun 30, 2003
  4. NMH

    Tom Scales Guest

    $10-20

    Tom Scales, Jun 30, 2003
  5. Like every one said a cross over cable or you can aslo get a hub or a switch
    and connect them that way.
    Make sure you run a File and forder transfer wizard that will collect ALL
    your files before you move them over.

    seb.

    Sebastian Rybicki, Jun 30, 2003