    Does anyone have any ideas? I haven't attempted something like this before.

    Thanks.

    - Brian

    Brian Lamendola, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Brian Lamendola

    Ben Myers Guest

    Does the older Gateway have an Ethernet card? If so, far and away the easiest
    method to transfer files is via a network connection. If not, Ethernet cards
    are cheap and not too hard to install. Connect the two computers directly with
    a Category 5 CROSSOVER cable, which means they need to be no more than 3-6 feet
    apart. If you have an Ethernet hub or 4-port router like a LinkSys or Netgear,
    use regular everyday Category 5 cables to connect the computers to the hub or
    router. Set up the C: drive on the old computer as shared, make sure the
    workgroup names are the same (XP uses "MSHOME" without quotes as a default
    workgroup name) and go to it, dragging and dropping files and folders.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Brian Lamendola

    mike Guest

    There's a shareware program (free trial) called totalcommander.
    It has a parallel port transfer mode.
    You can also use laplink or any one of a dozen clones for serial
    or parallel port transfer.
    mike

    --
    Return address is VALID.