Translate data sheet to basic RAM timings?

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by John Doe, Feb 23, 2010.

  1. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    From the KVR800D2N5 RAM data sheet.

    Single Power Supply of +1.8V (+/- .1V)

    Clock Cycle Time (tCK) CL=5... 2.5ns (min.) / 8ns (max.)
    Row Cycle Time (tRC)... 57.5ns (min.)
    Refresh to Active/Refresh Command Time (tRFC)... 127.5ns
    Row Active Time (tRAS)... 45ns (min.) / 70,000ns (max.)

    From the GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard manual.

    CAS Latency
    tRCD
    tRP
    tRAS

    tRC = tRCD?
    tRFC = tRP?

    Can you translate the data sheet into those four settings?

    Looking around the Internet, I guess they might be something like
    this.
    4.5
    4.54
    4.46
    15.5
    (rounded to whole numbers)

    I suppose the memory tells the motherboard what the settings are,
    but I would like to optimize/tweak the timings just a little.

    Which of those four motherboard manual memory settings can usually
    be adjusted, and which should be kept the same?

    If my questions are boring, please feel free to refer me to some
    other source of basic information.

    Thanks.

    John Doe, Feb 23, 2010