    This is an important concept, in my opinion, for those ready to upgrade, as the personalized Tablet dictionary is key for top accuracy, both in terms of handwriting AND speech recognition

    Thanks

    Joe

    Joe, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Joe

    Chris H. Guest

    Joe, since the Tablets run Windows XP Pro as the operating system, you can
    use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard (FAST) to transfer/save any of your
    settings. Go into Help and Support and do a search for "files and settings
    transfer wizard" without the quotes. Additional information is available
    here, too: http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

    On the speech recognition, I would train the new Tablet separately and not
    attempt to use the same profile. Reason? A different microphone, different
    atmosphere and you'll probably have better success since you're used to the
    functions.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    a 2nd generation model some time over the next few months. But I have a
    fairly large personalized Tablet dictionary that has been generated over the
    past year by adding words, by using the dictionary tool, etc.
    extensively, will the dictionary's trained recognitions be transportable as
    well, or will I need to retrain all of the custom words and phrases?

    Chris H., Jan 1, 2004

  3. Joe

    blariz Guest

    blariz, Jan 1, 2004