    few documents that I saved on this disk and my mail folders back) I'd
    sure appreciate hearing from you.

    Ted Schroeder

    Ted, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Ted

    Tyke Guest

    I had a hard drive crash last year on my wife's PC which essentially wiped
    out the partition data, and as usual she had not backed up for months.

    I was able to repartition the drive to get it to be recognized by my PC, but
    I could not access the data, which sounds like your problem.

    I tried a lot of the data recovery software available for download and demo.
    The one which I eventually purchased was "Get Data Back" by Runtime Software
    www.runtime.org.

    This software runs in Windows which was fine for me since I had put the sick
    drive in my PC and wanted a Windows application.

    Using the software I was able to recover over 90% of my wife's datafiles.

    I hope this works for you.

    Dave Paine.

    Tyke, Jan 4, 2004