Tried to build a PC....

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Scott Walker, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Scott Walker

Scott Walker

Well I tried to build a PC but I have a feeling the case wasn't right for it. I was reading about spontanious power downs a here and I -had- that. For two boot up attempts and then it stopped responding altogether. I'm really really hoping its a PSU problem and my brand ne Pentium D isn't melted, but I can't be sure. Can someone tell me if a: "Pentium D 950 Dual Core 3.4GHz FSB 800 2Mb Skt 775" would be damaged or just power itself down? I'm worried and my train of thought is this: It was taking massive heat the first 2 attempts then just melted. I'm really hoping this isn't true as I can't afford to replace it for a month or more, so i'm prettymuch hoping the PSU is faulty and I just need to buy a new case /w PSU.

((If you can tell me that its just about impossible that it would be damaged in around 2 minutes total of running even w/o heatsink and dan then i'd be a very happy boy. I wasn't running without a heatsink though, its just possible that it wasn't properly installed.))

Edit: you might be wondering why I posted here: I was googling for advice and found a similar thread. My Motherboard -is- of this manufacturer's type but i'm feeling theres a reasinable chance its ok, hoping for a quick response so I can know the worst or hear the best. Hmm...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
    Scott Walker, Sep 16, 2006
Ask a Question