    Riva TNT to whatever would be the newest nvidia card that would work in my
    AGP slot.... which would that be? or could someone at least tell me at
    least what version of the AGP does my motherboard have?

    Bx.C, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Bx.C

    Eric Guest

    The AGP slot on the s1590 is compliant with AGP v1.0 specs. It will support
    1x and 2x data transfer rates.

    See http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/tech-planations/920_2.html for
    more info.

    Eric, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Bx.C

    Bx.C Guest

    Bx.C, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Bx.C

    Kevin D Guest

    You can use up to a GeForce 4 card if you want, but the rest of the
    system will be too slow to properly support the video card. My personal
    experience showed a TNT2 Ultra was about the best nVidia card to use; I
    tried a GeForce2 card, and got better frame rates than the TNT2, but
    only by a percent or two. With the price of GeForce4 MX cards so low,
    you'd probably be better off using one of those (GeForce4 MX), even if
    only for software compatibility.
    Kevin

    Kevin D, Feb 8, 2004