    overlooked and advise how I can get this MB to recognize two floppy disk
    drives, I'd surely appreciate being enlightened! Thanks for your replies.
    PE

    PE, Jan 25, 2004

  2. PE

    pjp Guest

    Two things

    1) have you gone into the bios and told it there's a second floppy disk and
    assigned it's type, e.g. 3.5 or 5.25?
    2) did you use a floppy disk cable? You can tell the difference between a
    floppy disk cable and a regular hard disk cable by the fact a floppy disk
    cable has a section of the ribbon cable "twisted" between the connectors
    fopr the 1st and 2nd drive. (this was originally done so you didn't have to
    jumper floppy disk drives, the logic is a little convoluted but it does work
    :).

    If both those check out ok then I'd be trying the drive in another pc (or
    swap with one that does work now) and/or another drive for testing.

    pjp, Jan 25, 2004

  3. PE

    PE Guest

    The drive is operational; it works fine and is recognized as the "A" drive
    when I substitute it for the 3-1/2 fdd that was originally installed on the
    computer. Problem is getting the MB to recognize it as the "B" drive when
    its attached to the mid position on the fdd ribbon cable. I've just noticed
    that the DRIVE has a jumper block on its circuit board, so maybe the A/B
    selection needs to be made via jumper on the drive itself. Got the drive
    used and without documentation, however, so guess I'll need to experiment.

    PE, Jan 25, 2004