Trouble setting up a Raid 0 with P4C800 DLX

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Henry, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Henry

    Henry Guest

    I have two 100 GB Western Digital hard drives connected to the raid
    controller on the mother board. I ran the FastBuild autosetup and have an
    array defined as Array 1, Stripe, Total Drives 2, Capacity 200060, Status
    Functional. When I boot the computer, the fasttrak 378 bios seems to load
    the drives. I get ID 1, Mode 2+0 Stripe, Size 200060M, Track-Mapping
    24322/255/63, Status Functional. I've downloaded the latest drivers for the
    raid setup and made a floppy disk. When I boot windows xp setup, I press
    F6, it can't find anything so I load the xp driver manually. It copies the
    needed files but then I get the error that setup did not find any hard disk
    drives installed on my computer.

    ??? What am I missing here ??? This is my first raid setup, but I can't
    seem to figure this one out.

    Thanks,

    Henry

    Henry, Jul 17, 2003

  2. youve obviously not got the right files on the disk, cuz pressing F6 should
    definetly automatically pick the files up

    Robert Davies, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Henry

    Henry Guest

    Well, I've gone to the subdirectory labelled \drivers\viaraid and ran the
    makedisk.exe file which creates a floppy with the drivers. This is on the
    CD that came with my MB. I've also downloaded the drivers for the P4C800
    DLX and done the same thing. Yes, I have double checked that I was
    downloading the drivers for the proper MB. If these are not the right
    files, where can I find them? It seems that the xp install program does not
    see the raid setup, and then asks to manually set up the drivers. It then
    loads the drivers off the floppy, but when the installation continues, I get
    this error.

    Henry

    Henry, Jul 18, 2003