    I have it. It then reboots fine after that till I reboot again.
    I have a sata drive and a zip drive and a dvd writer. What can make
    this happen? any ideas thanks

    herman, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Likeliest cause is starting the PC with a disc in the DVD or ZIP drive, or
    not.

    If you want to stop it happening just go into the Advanced BIOS Features
    section of the BIOS and disable the "HDD Change Message".
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Jan 27, 2005

  3. herman

    TomG Guest

    you could be having a CMOS battery going low... not too sure what else
    would cause bios settings to change on their own...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com