True 5.1 Surround using Digital I/O upgrade?

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by ytothez, Jan 22, 2007.

  1. ytothez

    ytothez Guest

    Hello all,

    I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 into my computer's 5.1 Speaker setup
    through my SB Live! 24-Bit external card, and was wondering if the
    additional Digital I/O Module would solve this problem.

    The 360 uses Optical S/PDIF as its output source for surround sound and
    was wondering if using the "Optical In" from the Digital I/O would
    retain 5.1 surround if I connected it through my SB external card.

    I'm skeptical since it looks like the Digital I/O uses a regular
    coaxial cable to connect to the soundcard, but I haven't seen it in
    person so I don't know if that is how it works.

    Any help in figuring this out would be appreciated!!

    Chris

    ytothez, Jan 22, 2007