    Either PM would not open or it would give some bad partition info.
    Anyone else notice this too? Or how did you make them cooperate with
    each other? thanks.

    RnR, Jan 24, 2007

  2. RnR

    RnR Guest

    Forgot to mention the PM version I'm using is 8.01. I think there is
    a later version like 8.05 or so and I don't know if that fixes the
    problem. I'm guessing PM is old compared to TI 10 so perhaps that has
    something to do with it ???

    RnR, Jan 24, 2007

  3. RnR

    Tom Scales Guest

    I tried resizing the partitions on my 9200 (410) with PM 8.05 and it
    completely hosed everything. I had to use DSRFix to restore the MBR and
    restore to factory fresh. Weird.

    Tom Scales, Jan 24, 2007
  4. RnR

    RnR Guest

    My guess is that the PM and TI is incompatible. I realize now Acronis
    has a PM clone called Disk Director Suite 10 so it makes sense that if
    you are going to use that Acronis hidden partition for a recovery
    partition probably better to use Disk Director Suite 10 first to make
    the partitions. Actually I think the real problem is that PM can't
    read or recognize the way TI makes the hidden partition. I don't
    think that any of the partitions are really faulty even tho (in my
    case) PM gives error messages when reading partitions after using
    Acronis.

    I'm no guru on partitioning but based on my experience, I'd say it's
    best NOT to mix PM and TI if you are going to use the Acronis hidden
    partition scheme. If you don't, maybe or maybe not okay to mix the
    two.

    I guess I'll have to consider replacing my old PM in favor of the new
    Acronis Disk Director Suite 10. Probably best to read the reviews of
    Disk Director Suite tho I think it's academic if PM doesn't work for
    me.

    RnR, Jan 24, 2007