trying to get 250fsb with p4c800 e-deluxe

Discussion in 'Asus' started by John Peel, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. John Peel

    John Peel Guest

    Hi all,

    I am trying without any success to get both the fsb of the cpu to 500
    and my Pc4000 OZC gold memory to run at 500 ddr.

    Here are my system specs

    Asus p4c800 e deluxe bios 1.015
    P4 2.8C processor
    1024mb og OCZ PC4000 memory
    160 gb ATA maxtor hard drive
    radeon 9800 xt
    windows xp sp1

    I have tried the following settings in bios
    ai over clcok = manual
    cpu external frequency = 250 mhz
    Ratio = 14 Locked and cant be changed?
    dram frequency = 400 mhz
    agp/pci frequency 66/33

    all voltages set to auto

    mem timings set to 2.5-4-4-8-4
    System wont boot

    The best i can boot at is 230 mhz fsb with the rest of the settings the
    same except agp/pci frequency at auto

    i have tried alternate settings for the ram (320 for example on ram
    frequency with 2-3-3-5-4 timings etc)

    Anyone been able to get cpu up to 250fsb with this board and pc4000 memory?

    i think i have good cooling (thermaltake case with 7 fans, thermaltake
    spark 7 heatsink average temp is 36 idle 42 underload)

    Any help would be much appreciated. I dont know why i am trying to
    overclock as the sytem is quick anyway..just thought as things i there
    to fiddle with i would give it a go :)

    Kind regards

    John

    John Peel, Mar 5, 2004