    http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/pom200t1.exe

    I believe there is another floppy that supports the Dothan processor. If
    anyone can help me find this file, I would greatly appreciate it.

    Tablet User, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Tablet User

    Smartikat Guest

    I don't think the motherboard is even the same...

    Smartikat, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Tablet User

    Tablet User Guest

    According to the research I have done, they are exactly the same.
    Motherboard revision numbers are the same and a visual inspection of the
    MOBO shows no differences. The only difference we have found thus far is
    with the CPU Table information in the BIOS.

    Tablet User, Aug 17, 2004
  4. Tablet User

    Chris H. Guest

    I'd also look to what cooling devices they're using on the newer systems,
    and be aware you're totally voiding any warranty you may have on the
    machine.

    Chris H., Aug 17, 2004
  5. Tablet User

    Tablet User Guest

    I understand that if it breaks due to my doing this upgrade, that the
    warranty is voided. I'm willing to take that risk. I've read that many
    other people have upgraded other laptops without problems and so I want to
    do the same for my tablet. In all other cases I've read about, the machine
    will recognize the new processor right away or with a BIOS upgrade. Cooling
    has not been a problem as far as I have read. The Toshiba M200 is the first
    case where I've heard of a special BIOS-based CPU Table that requires an
    update in order to function. According to Intel, the processors are totally
    pin compatible and as long as the BIOS supports the proc, it will work. So,
    if I can get a copy of this utility, it will be possible for all M200 owners
    to upgrade their machines if they wish.

    Tablet User, Aug 17, 2004