TUF Fx505DT - BQ051T - fried chip (not charging)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by TufGamer, Oct 31, 2021.

  1. TufGamer

    TufGamer

    Hi,

    Got a little accident with my TUF laptop, involving a glass of coca-cola... shut the computer down and removed it from the charger immediately, opened it up and dried everything thoroughly. Worked fine for a day or so, but then stopped charging and wont power up even with the charger connected.
    Opened it up again, measured that there is no charging voltage at the battery (charger is working, voltage is fine at the connector after the charger inlet) and found this little chip had burned out. Does anyone know what type/model of chip that is, so that I could purchase&replace it?

    Thanks,

    Tuf

    Attached Files:

    TufGamer, Oct 31, 2021