    they also say when printing labels form QuickBooks 2003, only part of
    the page is printed.

    Do these symptoms make any sense? Is there a solution?

    Nehmo, Feb 16, 2006

  2. Nehmo

    measekite Guest

    1. UNINSTALL THE ALL PRINT DRIVERS

    2. REBOOT THE COMPUTER

    3. RE-INSTALL DRIVER FROM FACTORY CD

    4. REBOOT THE COMPUTER

    5. IF YOU STILL HAVE PROBLEMS CHECK THE DATA CABLE.

    6. RESET THE PRINTER MENU TO THE FACTORY DEFAULTS

    measekite, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Nehmo

    Tony Guest

    There could be 2 problems here.
    Firstly press the reset/job cancel button for more that 20 seconds to perform a
    NVRAM reset.
    If that does not help uninstall the printer and re-install using the lates
    driver from the HP website for WinXP. Uninstall from Programs if an uninstall
    is present or failing that from Add/Remove programs, don't delete the printer
    in control panel/printers unless there is no alternative (this can leave driver
    remnants on the system).
    See if that helps.
    The Quickbooks problem could be that the file is too big for the printer. Laser
    printers can only print images that will fit in their internal memory.
    So if this problem is not fixed with the driver re-install they need to do a
    test by reducing the complexity of the lables so they have only a tiny amount
    of data and see if all the lables print, if so memory size is the likely cause.
    They can get a status page by pushing both buttons on the printer at once, this
    will tell them how much memory is installed (2MB is standard on the 6P and 3MB
    on the 6MP) memory can be increased by up to 48MB with plug in boards but they
    are expensive so it is essential to do a test first.
    Tony

    Tony, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Nehmo

    Ben Myers Guest

    Amount of memory, or lack thereof, in a laser printer is a well-known cause of
    printing problems like the one described by the OP. I would suggest that the OP
    change the printer resolution to 300dpi as a workaround. I am assuming this is
    possible with the 6P, as with other HP LaserJets.

    Windows has become progressively less efficient with its printer drivers. My
    first exposure to the partial page printing problem was in the transition from
    Win 3.1 to Win 95. A spreadsheet printed perfectly with 3.1, got messed up when
    printed with 95. It's only gotten worse, because efficient programming is an
    unknown phrase among the Micro$ofties... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 16, 2006
  5. Nehmo

    me Guest

    Is it turning itself offline after so many minutes of inactivity? Or
    going into some sort of sleep mode, from which telling it to print
    doesn't wake it?

    me, Feb 18, 2006
  6. Nehmo

    Nehmo Guest

    I'm not with the printer. The info I have about it, I acquired over the
    phone. So I don't know really what's going on with it regarding what
    mode it's in.
    Actually, I already told them to buy a new printer, a color one this
    time. As a practical matter, it's not worth the toruble to fix some
    printers.

    Nehmo, Feb 20, 2006