    are ok.

    I've seen this problem reported six months ago for the older drivers (3.0),
    but not more recently. Is anyone else seeing this with the 3.9 drivers?

    Gary L. Drescher, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Gary,

    I had a similar problem when Microsoft released a poorly researched
    stream.sys file as part of an older version of DirectX. Since the most
    recent version of DirectX, I haven't had your problem and use S3 every
    night.

    Dave

    David Shorthouse, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Hm, I wonder what the problem is then. I do have the latest DirectX, along
    with all other XP updates. This is a new computer with a fresh installation
    of XP Pro and of the ATI software.

    Thanks for the data point.

    --Gary

    Gary L. Drescher, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Gary L. Drescher

    JAD Guest

    I have ALWAYS had anomalies with power management and ATI drivers...

    JAD, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Have you had this particular anomaly? ATI tech support seems not to exist,
    so I'm trying to figure this one out on my own. (Phoning ATI for their
    advertised free 30-day tech support just results in getting put on
    indefinite hold on a toll call. Emailing them results only in automated
    replies that do not address the reported problems. Plus their web
    problem-submission form is broken, and there's no way to try to report the
    problem other than through the broken web form.)

    Gary L. Drescher, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Gary L. Drescher

    JAD Guest

    You can try making sure all PM is disabled in the bios.....Don't try hibernation...try each PM setting one at the time e g first
    spin down the HD's then spin them up blank the monitor bring it back then try standby....it could be another piece of HW also,
    LAN Sound etc....I would get the no TV start up at all....black TV screen, none of the SW in MMC will start...right after wake up
    from STandby..right now a .Pb4266 and the 533 one with a 9700p and a 7500AIW same thing on both and numerous other boards...I
    hardly use standby as if the machine is on I'm in front of it or its shutdown.....I used to leave things running 24/7 but not
    anymore....dust and un-needed wear and tear.

    JAD, Nov 27, 2003
  7. in MMC will start...right after wake up from STandby.

    That sounds a little different from what I'm seeing. The rest of MMC works
    fine; it's just the TV that's black and silent. Plus it only happens after
    the PC has been asleep for hours (and even then only sometimes). If the
    standby is brief, the problem doesn't occur. That makes it difficult to
    experiment with.
    shutdown.....I used to leave things running 24/7 but not
    I have S3 standby set up to turn off the fans, so it's no more dust-prone
    than a full shutdown.

    --Gary

    Gary L. Drescher, Nov 27, 2003