TV Out Problem with GeForce4 MX 420

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Flapjack Tony, Nov 1, 2003.

  1. Hi

    I'm new to this group and have a question about my NVidia GeForce MX 420 TV
    Out card.

    The card I have came shipped with my PC so the drivers were pre-installed.
    The PC is a Dell Dimension 4550 and until recently I have had no need for
    the TV Out capabilities of it.

    I recently decided to try and watch a DVD using the TV Out, but couldnt
    figure out how to work it. After looking at the NVidia website I decided
    that downloading the latest set of drivers 52.16 and software would be the
    best bet. The install seemed to go fine. Following a restart, it dropped
    an extra icon into my system tray where I was given options to adjust
    various properties such as Performance and Quality Settings and OpenGL
    Settings, but nothing seems related to the TV Out properties of my card. I
    was expecting to see properties I have seen mentioned in this group such as
    Clone etc. I don't want to do anything particularly complicated.
    Essentially I just want to play a DVD on my PC, which I can then send to the
    TV.

    I'm fairly sure I have the correct cable and SCART socket. There is a
    switch on the SCART which I have set to Output, and I have a 4 Pin Male-Male
    cable run from my card to the SCART.

    Thanks in advance
    Jon

    Flapjack Tony, Nov 1, 2003