    it hung the system. I would like to remove R&R with Revo Uninstaller,
    delete all old R&R backups and start all over. Where do I go to
    download R&R?

    Teflon, Oct 2, 2009

  2. Teflon

    Teflon Guest

    On Oct 2, 9:18 am, John Navas <> wrote:

    > >> If a HD goes bad physically, can the System partition copy made with
    > >> R&R be used to regenerate the System on a new HD?

    > Yes.

    Interesting. So, no cloning needed? Is there a boot disk that
    enables that?
    Is that process laid-out somewhere?

    > >> R&R is not working now.  Tried to use it to delete an old backup and
    > >> it hung the system.

    > My guess(tm) is that you didn't wait long enough, a common problem.
    > Deleting incremental backups can take a long time if not deleted from
    > most recent going back, because TR&R has to merge the remaining
    > incremental backups -- it's not a simple deletion.

    That sounds like a pretty good guess. Must be the voice of
    experience. I'll give it another try, starting with the most recent
    (last February).

    > >With all due respect, you've seen the future.
    > >Do yourself a favor and DUMP R&R.

    > Pay no attention to bashers who don't understand how real backup works
    > -- TR&R is very good, a great way to keep your system protected.

    Wow, your own private heckler. You must really be good, John. Thanks
    for your help.

    One more topic. Could R&R be installed on an old TP that is 98SE
    based? Pentium III, 96MB RAM, 4GB HD, floppy and read-only CD, 8GB
    USB flash drive. If not, would you have a backup strategy for that
    system? What about replicating the installed OS on a new HDD?

    Teflon, Oct 3, 2009