    I would be surprised if the latter is true, HW manufacturers rarely do
    something like that ;o)

    Cheers!

    Marcus Stade, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Marcus Stade

    Ben Pope Guest

    I'm not sure... if there is no jumper, then possibly a BIOS flash?

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Marcus Stade

    Paul Murphy Guest

    There will be significant hardware differences between the currently
    available NTSC version and the PAL/SECAM Version (when its released). NTSC
    is a very different format and the frequencies on those cards differ to
    those on PAL/SECAM cards. The tuner module (in the metal can) will be
    different, hardware PnP ID in its EEPROM/EPROM will differ and there will
    probably be many other differences as well.

    When NTSC All-In-Wonder 8500s were being sold for much lower prices in the
    US than the PAL equivalent over the ditch, there was a report from someone
    who'd attempted this conversion. It was far from straight forward and with
    something as cheap as a TV Wonder Pro, the question of "is it worth the
    trouble" is relevant.

    FYI, I've enquired about the availability of a PAL TV Wonder Pro in the UK
    and was advised they "hope to have this ready in the 1st quarter of this
    year". Although Sweden uses a different version of PAL than the UK, If the
    manufacturers keep the "Universal PAL/SECAM" capability as per All In
    Wonders, then the UK version would be usable in Sweden just by configuring
    the software/OS correctly.

    Paul

    Paul Murphy, Feb 5, 2004