Tvout for Ati radeon M9 on linux giving black&white blur on tv-screen

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ronald, Sep 24, 2003.

  1. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    Hi,

    I have a laptop with a Ati Radeon M9 graphic card. And want to use it
    with my Svideo Tvout. The laptop is running linux 2.4.21 (mdk 9.1)

    I installed the latest ATI Proprietary Linux Driver 3.2.5 for my
    X-server (4.3.5).
    After this I configured X using the fglrxconfig tool, included in the
    driver. Set mode to "clone", enabled "tvout", set tvstandard to
    "PAL-G"(i'm in netherlands), resolution-modes 1028, 800, 640.

    After this my tft-screen and all is still working like it used to. My
    tv is now flashing some garbled black and white lines. TV is a recent
    thomson widescreen.

    I suspect I did not set the correct v- or h-sync or modelines or
    whatever.

    Anybody got this to work?
    Anybody got any hints?
    Anybody got hints how to configure X for this?

    Any help is welcome, Ronald

    Ronald, Sep 24, 2003