    able to add another one later without using any sort of RAID, as I
    won't need neither the performance boost nor the protection provided
    by RAID, just the extra space: would this be possible?

    Rui Sá, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Rui Sá

    KB Guest

    One SATA drive on Pri Sata 1, one drive on Sec Sata 1.
    In other words, you can have a Sata HD on Pri connection and another on Sec
    connection.

    KB, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Rui Sá

    Alec Guest

    Hello I have recently installed 2 IBM/Hitachi 80gig SATA drives on an Asus
    A7N8X Deluxe ver 2 and they appear to be working okay the only problem I get
    is if I am moving large files around when a Memory write failure type
    message pops up, as yet haven't found out why but it never happened when I
    had 2 ATA 80 gig drives in.
    Cheers
    Alec

    Alec, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Rui Sá

    Rui Sá Guest

    Thanks fot the reply: I thought each SATA connector only supported one
    HD, what you're saying is that it's like PATA and the two HDs on the
    same connector can work independently?

    So what is the max. number of independent HDs (not in RAID) on the
    onboard controller: 2 or 4?

    Rui Sá, Feb 19, 2004

    Philip Callan, Feb 19, 2004

    Philip Callan, Feb 19, 2004