Two question about the KV8 Pro SATA and Latest BIOS

Discussion in 'Abit' started by monkeypaws, Jan 27, 2007.

  1. monkeypaws

    monkeypaws Guest

    I have two WD 250 G SATA Drives that were setup for a Creative I/O
    Raid controller that I used in my KT7A. The OnChip SATA Raid doesn't
    see them. When I hit the TAB key on boot up the BIOS says there are
    no drives. The Driver is installed and working properly.

    To check the drives, I installed the, Creative I/O Raid controller
    and the drives work properly and are configured the same as they were
    in the KT7A. They have been setup as JBOD- Just s Bunch Of Drives
    independent connected drives with no RAID interconnection. (I
    wouldn't think this would keep the onboard RAID from recognizing the
    drives).

    My second question

    I've run the Microsoft Vista Upgrade Advisor and get the following:

    "This computer is not compliant with the Advanced Configuration and
    Power Interface (ACPI) standard. Windows must be installed onto a
    computer that supports ACPI. Contact your computer manufacturer for a
    BIOS update or install Windows on an ACPI-compliant computer."

    Is there a current BIOS upgrade for Vista, I've been to Abit's site
    and cannot seem to find anything mentioning Vista for the KV8 Pro.

    I hope I have explained my problems well enough, any advice/help would
    be appreicated.

    Thank you

    monkeypaws, Jan 27, 2007