Two VGA monitors at the same time?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by meirman, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. meirman

    meirman Guest

    What does it take to add a second monitor at the same resolution, VGA?
    Is it possible to just use a splitter cable of some sort?

    Can I install a second video card? Can both be PCI (or both be ISA if
    their box is old)? Can one be PCI and one ISA.

    Do I need a video card that has two monitor outputs? They're
    expensive but maybe ebay has older cards with less capability for low
    price? How expensive are they?

    A friend is no longer using his 32 inch VGA monitor, and I arranged to
    give it to a cash-poor school.

    Right now they are using a computer with a monitor for the teacher and
    a 21 inch tv for the class to look at. It is mostly Word and stuff,
    and if the teacher's monitor has SVGA she can still do fine with VGA.
    My friend is delivering it to her tomorrow, and I want to be able to
    tell her I can make it work without her spending much money. I hope
    you can answer tonight. :)

    Meirman

    If emailing, please let me know whether
    or not you are posting the same letter.

    meirman, Sep 25, 2003

  2. What does it take to add a second monitor at the same resolution, VGA?
    Simple solution is a splitter box, gives same output on two sockets.

    Mike.

    Michael Hawes, Sep 25, 2003