    I can't find it on the inet.
    Sometimes there is mentioned 20 dbm (100mW), sometimes 50mW and some
    other values. Maybe the tx-power of the card can be changed somehow ?

    supermega, Dec 7, 2005

  2. supermega

    zwsdotcom Guest

    It's programmable. Output power limits may be region-specific (i.e.
    select the wrong country when installing drivers, and the power may be
    low).

    zwsdotcom, Dec 7, 2005

  3. supermega

    supermega Guest

    Thanks for your answer.

    Programmable means changed by common drivers or set with special tool?
    What's the global limit - 100mW?

    supermega, Dec 7, 2005
  4. supermega

    Jerry Park Guest

    100mw is the maximum. Can be set in the properties of the device.
    Unfortunately, the transmit power always resets itself to about 40mw
    when you restart the computer, log on, etc.

    Jerry Park, Dec 7, 2005
  5. supermega

    supermega Guest

    hmm..
    that sux :/
    "resets itself to about 40mw"
    "about" means it's written in dbm (16dbm) or it's not written and
    you're guessing ?

    I have HP nx6110 and I heard that Intel wi-fi is the only card that I
    can install :/

    supermega, Dec 7, 2005
  6. supermega

    Jerry Park Guest

    Guessing. It is supposed (according to the documentation by Intel) to
    default to the maximum transmit strength. Just by looking at the graph
    in Network Stumbler when I reset the strength I estimate it was at about
    40% of maximum.

    Jerry Park, Dec 7, 2005