Tyan K8SD Pro (S2882) can't detect SATA installing windows

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by dennydotnet, Jun 16, 2009.

  1. dennydotnet

    dennydotnet

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2009
    I have a K8SD Pro (S2882) board and I'm trying to install Windows Server 2003 x64. When the installer loads it cannot detect any of my SATA drives.

    I don't have a floppy available so I slipstream (using n-Lite) the drivers into an install CD. I've tried all the drivers on Tyan's support page (for the S2882) but I consistently get the error that the driver is invalid for the hardware.

    Does anyone have or know the correct drivers I need for this to work? The SATA host controller is an: SiI3114 - PCI to 4 Port SATA150 - Which I also downloaded the drivers for and attempted to install with no luck.

    I've spent almost 2 days of researching and trying different drivers to detect the SATA drives. The funny part is an Ubuntu install detects the drives just fine.

    My next option is to try and find a floppy and attempt to install the drivers via the floppy - I don't know if that would make a difference but I'm out of ideas. Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks!
    - Denny

    dennydotnet, Jun 16, 2009