    touch the case as long as they are insulated?

    Thank you!

    Jim

    Jim, Oct 16, 2005

  2. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Dear Forum Members:

    I am posting my reply from Cooler Master so everyone can read it. Not
    only did I receive a "bed bug" letter, but I received the original of
    the bed bug letter.

    Notice that Cooler Master does not address, at all, the quality and
    suitability of their product. *Everything* is somebody else's fault,
    e.g., the user, the case, etc. They do not even guarantee that their
    product will work when installed properly.

    I was quite disappointed in Cooler Master, and I wanted to post this
    for everybody to read.

    Jim

    Hello James,

    We can't guarantee that it may not short out as we did not install the
    unit
    ourselves. You would need to check with the manufacturer of your case
    as
    they are the one that provided the motherboard standoffs. The short may
    be
    caused by the standoff length or the standoffs itself.

    Best Regards,

    Kevin Voong
    Cooler Master RMA Dept.
    1951 S. Parco Ave. Unit # A
    Ontario, CA 91761
    Email:

    Please tell this guy: since this is installed by he and we can not
    guarantee
    for his installation. Besides, we do not responsible for other
    manufactures
    chassis. If he think the mother board stand off is very short and will
    not
    be able to use our heatsink, then it only means his case is not
    compatible
    with our heatsink. If he don£µ|t know how to do the installation. He
    should
    bring it to PC shop and tell them do the job for him.

    Jim, Oct 18, 2005

  3. Jim

    Henrik Tived Guest

    Jim,

    I am really sorry to hear what has happend to you, but it is this sort of
    things that happens when you mix and match and then you are on your own.
    Even with my experience, I wasn;t going to blow my setup and had the OEM
    build my machine - ad the cost of AUD$100.

    I did of course follow Tyan's spec as to what case would work with my board,
    in my case a Chenbro - it probably isn't as pretty as yours (I have a Lian
    Li for my other system, so I know that they are great looking boxes :) ).

    I also have two big CPU fans sitting on my desk that i would love to fit
    into the box 7000Alcu, but the idea of doing what you did, has me put off!

    thanks for all the warnings, sorry you had to go through it

    Henrik

    PS: I was going to attend Berkeley in 88 :), but had to go back to my
    native Denmark

    Henrik Tived, Oct 25, 2005
  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Henrik,

    Thanks for the kind reply. I should hear from Tyan soon. They have
    had the board for one week, today. It was my stupid mistake. My
    Lian-Li case is really a "looker," with a window. The hard drives just
    snap in right down a row.

    I was at Berkeley from 1970-1972, so I'm an old fart.

    I'll post back what Tyan does.

    Jim

    Jim, Oct 26, 2005
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Henrik,

    Tyan gave me a *new* board. I was careful this time, and it is working
    like a charm. Tyan is a *wonderful* company!! :) I love my new
    machine. I haven't stressed it out yet, but it is working fine.

    Jim

    Jim, Nov 4, 2005
  6. Jim

    Henrik Tived Guest

    Hi Jim,

    Glad it worked out for you, I think my brother was at berkeley in the late
    seventies - he too uses the expression "old fart" ;-)) maybe that is a
    berkeley term
    i was going to attend in the late eighties but it had gotten a bit too
    expensive compared to go back to copenhagen and study for almost free. btw
    never finished my degree even tried at UWA in Western Australia when I moved
    down under.

    best wishes

    Henrik

    PS: I loved living in Berkeley! Delaware st, cheap end of town!

    Henrik Tived, Nov 11, 2005
  7. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Henrik,

    I actually lived as a kid in Berkeley too. In total, I lived in
    Berkeley for 15 years. I lived in the Bay Area much longer.

    Jim

    Jim, Nov 11, 2005