Tyan S2466N-4M Dual MP1000 to MP2200+ Upgrade Problems

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by ezpchardware, Oct 9, 2006.

?

Have you ever used Tyan Online Support?

  1. Yes, and good some great help.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but I cannot get any help from them.

    1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. No, I havent used there tech support yet.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ezpchardware

    ezpchardware

    Good Morning,
    I used this board with 2X MP 1000 Processors for the past few years without a single problem.

    Now it was time for an upgrade to two 2200 MP processors, to my suprise, I installed them and it only recognized the first processor and Ignored the second one that causes me grief !!!

    Both Processors have this model number:

    2X ----> AMSN2200DKT3C

    I flashed to version 4.06 to make sure it supports those procs when I had problems, I flashed to version 4.03 which didnt help on recognizing the second proc.

    I removed the sound card, TV tuner, etc, only kept 1 512 memory module in with the vid card which havent helped either.

    I am out of options... any help would be appreciated.

    Marcel

    Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
    ezpchardware, Oct 9, 2006