    what ip address?

    Many thanks

    phil

    philwh, Jun 11, 2004

  2. philwh

    Tomas Linden Guest

    wrote:

    : If I enable console redirect on my Tyan S2466n4m,
    : what program would I use to intercept the output from the ethernet port
    : ont he remote computer? E.G. telnet.
    : Also, how would I configure the program to look for output
    : from the s2466n4m, which port to listen on, and
    : what ip address?

    Unfortunately there is a misprint in the MB manual. The board can only
    send the console to a serial port, so you need a serial cable and a
    suitable terminal program. If use Linux minicom will do and if you use
    Windows you can try TeraTerm.

    Cheers,

    Tomas Lindén

    Tomas Linden, Jun 11, 2004

  3. philwh

    philwh Guest

    Thanks for the info. Now, if it redirects the output to a serial port,
    which port, and how do I set the serial parameters, baud, handshake and the like.

    Many Thanks.

    phil

    philwh, Jun 11, 2004
  4. philwh

    Tomas Linden Guest

    wrote:

    : In article <cacq41$1en$>,
    :>
    :>
    :> wrote:
    :>
    :>: If I enable console redirect on my Tyan S2466n4m,
    :>: what program would I use to intercept the output from the ethernet port
    :>: ont he remote computer? E.G. telnet.
    :>: Also, how would I configure the program to look for output
    :>: from the s2466n4m, which port to listen on, and
    :>: what ip address?
    :>
    :>Unfortunately there is a misprint in the MB manual. The board can only
    :>send the console to a serial port, so you need a serial cable and a
    :>suitable terminal program. If use Linux minicom will do and if you use
    :>Windows you can try TeraTerm.
    :>
    :>Cheers,
    :>
    :>Tomas Lindén
    :>

    : Thanks for the info. Now, if it redirects the output to a serial port,
    : which port, and how do I set the serial parameters, baud, handshake and the like.

    There is a BIOS menu for setting all these parameters.

    Tomas Lindén

    Tomas Linden, Jun 12, 2004