    It does not matter whether or not the 2120S is connected to the drives
    or not. Install the card video dies.

    PLEASE HELP. Both Tyan and Adaptec offered me no help.

    Eric, Jul 2, 2003

  2. I had a similar problem with a S2668 board. My problem was, that I was
    unable to get my Adaptec 39320 controller to work properly on the board (the
    BIOS wouldn't load).

    I was told by Tyan support that this was because there is only 128 Kb for
    option ROM's. And typically the video card eats 64 Kb and in my case the
    onboard Promise IDE RAID controller ate the other 64 Kb. Which left no room
    for the Adaptec BIOS.

    Have you tried to disable the on SCSI controller to se if that changes
    anything? When you do this you should also disable the SATA controller and
    other onboard periphials that could eat up the 128 Kb option ROM space.
    Perhaps you could also try to disable the onboard VGA and install a PCI card
    instead?

    I haven't got a S2880 motherboard myself so my idears are more of a general
    kind of troubleshooting.

    Martin Moustgaard, Jul 3, 2003