    this error message..

    any ideas, tips?

    thanks!

    user, Oct 19, 2006

  2. hi ,

    didn't you reset the bios to default values ?

    wolfgang schneider, Oct 19, 2006

  3. user

    user Guest

    Hallo Wolfgang,

    yes, I did - that's what caused this problem to re-appear.
    I had it fixed in my old BIOS 1.03 setup, but that was earsed
    when I upgraded the BIOS to 1.04 - so it re-appeared.

    I talked to Tyan today, and they suggested to:

    - switch off the Option ROM error reporting
    - disable any unused on-board devices such
    as MAC OPSCAN, SCSI, etc..

    For LINUX they also suggest to:

    - switch OS type to LINUX on the main BIOS page
    - set MTRR to discrete
    - enable the IOMMU
    - set the memory hole to hardware

    Looks like this solved the problem!