    tried to connect pins 15 & 16 on PSU and then PSU fan started to rotate
    and it gave power to peripherals. Still, MB won't boot.

    Any ideas?

    samppa, Dec 19, 2006

  2. samppa

    Guest Guest

    Hi ho there samppa,
    Have a 2895 for bout a year now and couple o weeks ago a power
    on gremlin arrived here also. Not quite the same. Power on button only
    works for a very brief moment. the led and fans do try to spin and that
    is all. Resetting from the micro switch on the board does the same. The
    board will boot if it is un plugged for about 10 - 15 seconds and re
    plugged. Board generally will boot after use if done within a few
    minutes. Board always will restart if done immediately. Haven't yet
    gotten to look for any answers other than the usual few minutes of
    googling to the various forums. for the most part i see no fault in
    operations when running and hope it keeps that way until i kick out the
    home steading gremlin. I notice this board never shuts down the earth
    net connectors. Now they do after some time of shutdown fail. Perhaps
    its connected. shutdown 20 minutes and dsl modem eth0 stayed lit and
    system boots normally. will leave modem on with system off tonight and
    see if in the morning the eth0 goes down and system does not boot then.

    S2895a2nrf, Antec true power 2 550w atx12v, 2-242's, 2g corsair
    cm72sd512rlp, wd1600js-00m, sblive sbo410, samsung ts-h552u,
    micro-star gf6600 video card. SuSE 10 amd64smp, KDE Desktop on single
    disk with default Riserfs and dsl rarely on connection.
    Much nicer than me ole p133 system. tim

    Guest, Dec 20, 2006

  3. samppa

    samppa Guest

    I'm sad to hear that you are also suffering from these problems.
    Anyway, I have filed an issue to Tyan's support, let's see if I'll hear
    something from there. I will also try with a new PSU if I get any life
    into that machine.

    Best regards,
    Samppa

    samppa, Dec 20, 2006
  4. samppa

    samppa Guest

    Now the MB is working again. I replaced the PSU with a new one and
    there are no more boot problems. Old PSU was Fortron FSP460-60PPN and
    new one is "BeQuiet Straight Power Quad Rail 600W" (BQT E5-600W).

    Best regards,
    Samppa

    samppa, Dec 20, 2006
  5. samppa

    Guest Guest

    Glad yours is working. Will try a ps when i find time. this morning
    it was the same. pull the plug for more than 5-10 seconds and box will
    boot. tim

    Guest, Dec 20, 2006
  6. samppa

    Pangaea Guest

    Pangaea, Dec 23, 2006
  7. samppa

    Jeff Collins Guest

    I had the exact same problem this weekend with the same board.

    In my case, the power on switch on the front panel of the case had come
    lose. I had to put it back in place and wedge it in with a make shift
    shim to get the unit to power on again.

    Perhaps this will help.

    Jeff Collins, Mar 4, 2007