Tyan S2932 - Post code D5 with Opteron 2212

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by bosnianace, Apr 23, 2008.

  1. bosnianace

    bosnianace Guest

    Hi,

    has anyone had troubles booting/starting/POSTing a Tyan S2932 with an
    Opteron 2212 ? Ive gotten the mainboard in November 2007, but just
    shortly bought the CPU. After assembling I get "D5" POST code on the
    display ( on the mainboard ). My monitor doesn't get any signal from
    on-board VGA nor is the keyboard found and activated.

    According to AMI BIOS the D5 code stands for "RUNTIME code
    uncompressed" ! What does this mean? D5 code is not among error codes
    in the manual of the S2932 mainboard.

    Sometimes the display shows "00" but without any changes in
    behaviour...

    Any tips, hints, advices are really welcome !

    Thank you in advance..

    Regards,
    BA

    bosnianace, Apr 23, 2008