Tyan S5101 and Fedora Core 6 problems.

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by cwsulliv, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. cwsulliv

    cwsulliv Guest

    I recently did a clean install of Fedora Core 6 on my system, configure
    as follows:
    Tyan Trinity S5101 motherboard; Firmware 1.12
    Intel P4 Northwood 3.0 GHz/800MHz/512 CPU
    Kingston KVR400X72C3A/512 MB ECC memory

    The installation has been upgraded via "up2date", with the curren
    kernel 2.6.18-1.2869.fc6

    FC-6 has been a DISASTER and I've had to revert to my previous Fedor
    Core 3.
    The major problem is that the system may reboot at any time withou
    warning and without going through the normal shutdown procedure. (I'v
    never experienced this problem with FC-3.)

    Under FC-6, I get the occasional message:
    EDAC MC0: UE page 0x1ff0f, offset 0x0, grain 4096, row 1, labels ""
    i82875p UE
    which I understand indicates an uncorrectable error in the ECC memory
    however running MEMTEST86+ (with ECC disabled in bios) displays n
    errors.

    Fedora Core 3 does not have that EDAC driver. If this is truly
    memory problem, how would an ECC uncorrectable memory error be expecte
    to exhibit itself? Does the bios record errors like this anywhere?

    Any advice?

    Thanks for your help.

    Regards,
    Charles Sulliva