    like "Fast boot", "Diagnostic screen", etc.

    Thanks,
    Richard

    Mannr, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Mannr

    CM Guest

    ECC check ?

    CM.

    CM, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Mannr

    Mannr Guest

    Thanks for the reply. No, I've always had ECC check on (ecc, registered
    memory). Something else changed, but I can't figure out what it was.
    Anyway, it is not that big of a problem. I don't reboot that often...

    Richard

    Mannr, Jan 4, 2004
  4. Mannr

    Nerds R Us Guest

    You need to set "quickboot" mode in the BIOS, reboot and allow a full memory
    scan/count to occur. Then the subsequent times you reboot you wont have to
    sit through the memory scan. Note: If you interupt the memory scan/count (eg
    press a key while it's happening) then it'll try to do the scan again the
    next time you boot, and will continue to do so until it's done one full scan
    without interuption.

    The ECC memory check happens when you first boot the PC (ie the long blank
    screen before video initialises) and is not related to the quickboot memory
    scan.

    Michael S.

    Nerds R Us, Jan 4, 2004