    somewhere else in Europe)?

    Thanks,

    Scourger

    Scourger, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Scourger

    mdma Guest

    eBay is your best bet. They’re selling really cheap too.

    I’ve got an extra one, let me know if you want it =D

    mdma, Jul 4, 2005

  3. I have the same motherboard. My manual doesn't show a 1-1-2-1 beep
    code, so I'm not sure what that code means on a Tyan board. "Get CPU
    type" is the third thing listed in the POST code list, so if the code is
    accurate you're not getting far at all. Have you tried the CPUs one at
    a time? You could have a bad CPU.

    You also have a problem with the RAM. I have Crucial memory in my
    computer. If you go to www.crucial.com and go through their
    configuration utility for the K8SE you'll see that they list memory as
    "4 banks of 2", meaning that the RAM has to be installed two sticks at a
    time. I also checked the Kingston web site, and they say that memory on
    the K8SE must be installed in pairs. In section 2.9 of the manual it
    says to start installing memory in CPU1_DIMMB2.

    Martin

    Martin Shoemaker, Aug 20, 2005
  4. Scourger

    judeman2002 Guest

    The beep code in the manual are in hexdecimal. If you break it down it
    converts to 1-1-2-1 in binary, which is "Get CPU Type". I have tried
    with the one processor and with different memory configs. Right now I
    am trying to figure out how to rma the board or the CPUs. MS contacted
    us about the tech tour (customer survey), but when we told them about
    the problem, they rushed us off the phone and couldn’t give us any
    contact info...I am at a lost..all that googles is registration sites
    basicly...anyway,
    thanx for the reply

    judeman2002, Aug 23, 2005
  5. I did a Google search on "Phoenix beep codes" and found a page that does
    show 1-1-2-1 as "Get CPU type". The Tyan manual does not show this
    code. I'm not sure what you mean about hexadecimal. The beep codes
    aren't a simple translation of the BIOS step (beep code 1-1-2-1 goes
    with step 02h), and 1121 decimal would convert to 461h.

    As to returning the CPUs and/or the motherboard, what's been posted on
    the discussion groups I've read is to call or email the Tyan Marketing
    Department for help and/or instructions. The main phone number for Tyan
    is (510)651-8868. email would be

    Martin

    Martin Shoemaker, Aug 24, 2005