    find out where i can plug in the case speaker and i cant fin
    anywhere to put itl, Thats another reason why i cant find out th
    proble

    macman, Jan 29, 2006

  2. macman

    Tony Neumann Guest

    I had some similar troubles last year (with Tyan S2875).
    The thread can still be found:

    http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Tyan-BIOS-POST-Code-quot-FF-quot-Tiger-K8W-ftopict50823.html

    "FF" is not documented in the manual. But due to Tyan's support,
    "FF" means that nothing is getting past the CPU's themselves during
    the POST process.

    I had to return my mainboard twice and the second replacement
    board finally worked. You should contact Tyan's support. They
    usually respond quite fast (at least here in Germany).

    My guess is that they will tell you to return your mainboard
    to Tyan for either repair or replacement.

    Tony

    Tony Neumann, Jan 30, 2006

  3. macman

    Scotter Guest

    Also, please keep in mind the stage you are at, sometimes posting can take a
    long time. Once with a Tyan board (S2460) I thought the board was bad but
    then I waited an extra long time and it finally posted and I got to the next
    stage which was probably installing the OS or flashing the BIOS or
    something, and then it never took a long time to post again.

    Scotter

    Scotter, Jan 30, 2006