    getting fully into Windows. No hardware or software has been added recently.
    Any suggestions on where to begin my diagnosis?

    Kevin

    Cagey Bee, Oct 2, 2007

  2. see what accident happened to "windows me" and better post into another
    group !

    Cagey Bee says...

    wolfgang schneider, Oct 3, 2007

  3. Cagey Bee

    Pangaea Guest

    Windows ME is great product. A poor workman blames his tools.
    In this case you should try doing a clean installation on another hard
    disk... run a program like Pathmarks Burn-In... and Memtest too. IMHO
    this probably a hardware issue with an old board like this ... a clean
    install will help you diagnose if this is a hardware or software
    problem...
    Good luck, R

    Pangaea, Oct 3, 2007
  4. Cagey Bee

    Cagey Bee Guest

    I would venture that this is a hardware problem, not a software problem. The
    reason: occasionally it will let me get fully into Windows for a few minutes
    before re-booting.

    Kevin

    Cagey Bee, Oct 3, 2007