    problem? Do I need to replace the mouse pad?

    Thanks
    Kai

    Kai, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Kai

    T. Ribbrock Guest

    From your description, I assume that you have an optical Type 5 nouse? If
    that's the case, it is possible that you have the wrong mouse pad. I
    remember there were two different ones (one for the Type 4 mouse and one for
    the Type 5 ones - the latter has only one sensor, while the former has two,
    IIRC). Having the wrong one could lead to the symptoms you describe - I
    remember that it used to be a typical practical joke at a former workplace -
    swap the pads and see people despair... ;-)

    Cheerio,

    Thomas

    T. Ribbrock, Jul 30, 2003