U-Boot BDI2000 GDB Debug Problem

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by jobhunts02, Apr 9, 2005.

  1. jobhunts02

    jobhunts02 Guest

    I am trying to debug U-Boot using the BDI2000 and gdb. When I enter
    "c" for continue, I get "Program received signal SIGSTOP, Stopped
    (signal)." (see below)

    Does anyone know what causes this? Thank you.

    $ /opt/Embedix/tools/bin/powerpc-linux-gdb
    GNU gdb 5.1.1 Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GDB is free
    software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
    conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
    There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for
    details. This GDB was configured as "--host=i386-pc-linux-gnu
    --target=powerpc-linux".
    (gdb) target remote 10.174.100.208:2001
    Remote debugging using 10.174.100.208:2001
    0xfff00100 in ?? ()
    (gdb) symbol-file
    No symbol file now.
    (gdb) add-symbol-file u-boot 0x1fc0000
    add symbol table from file "u-boot" at
    .text_addr = 0x1fc0000
    (y or n) y
    Reading symbols from u-boot...done.
    (gdb) b board_init_r
    Breakpoint 1 at 0x1fc4a60: file board.c, line 551.
    (gdb) c
    Continuing.

    jobhunts02, Apr 9, 2005

  2. jobhunts02

    Neil Wilson Guest

    That is the reset vector isn't it ?
    Has a hardware watchdog gone off in the meantime & reset the board.
    Cheers.

    Neil

    Neil Wilson, Apr 11, 2005