U205-S5067 (Vista) Resume from hibernation/sleep problem

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by JPD, Jul 9, 2007.

  1. JPD

    JPD Guest

    When [trying to] resume from hibernation or sleep (tried with and without
    hybrid being allowed), networking is dead and a variety of other things are
    non-responsive/frozen. When starting the control panel, it never populates
    (default and classic are both equally non-responsive)--the window appears,
    but it remains empty. I can't even bring up the task manager to see if there
    are any unresponsive processes. The only solution is to lean on the power
    button and reboot.

    I updated to the latest BIOS release from Toshiba's website.

    This is using Vista Home Premium that came with this computer. I've disabled
    all forms of automatic sleep/hibernation, since it's effectively useless.

    I've trolled Toshiba's site--I don't see anything similar listed--and
    haven't been able to get through to support on the telephone (system
    seemingly is designed to thwart efforts to get through).

    Has anyone encountered and solved this problem on the U205-S5067? (I have
    another Toshiba, an A205, running Vista Ultimate, which sleeps/hibernates
    just fine. This lets me think that it's either a problem with just this
    model, or with just this machine.)

    JPD, Jul 9, 2007

  2. JPD

    Quaoar Guest

    Your best action is to keep Vista updates alive while keeping current on
    your model of notebook at Toshiba's site.

    Quaoar, Jul 10, 2007