U5/10 motherboards and CPUs

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by MB, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. MB

    MB Guest

    I know that U5 and U10 motherboards are the same beast.
    However,
    sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/System_Board/SYSBD_Ultra5_10.html#SYSBDNOTES
    says:

    Ultra 5 / Ultra 10

    375-0009
    w/o Memory
    U5 270MHz
    U10 300/333MHz

    Ultra 5 / Ultra 10

    375-0066 375-0079 375-0115 375-3060
    w/o Memory
    U5 270/333MHz *
    U10 333/360MHz * w/o Memory
    U5 360/400MHz *
    U10 333/360/440MHz * w/o Memory
    U5 360/400MHz *
    U10 360/440MHz * w/o Memory
    U5 400MHz *
    U10 440MHz *

    MB, Nov 4, 2003

  2. My guess would be on the available cooling. The U10 has better internal
    airflow than the U5.

    Paul S. Brown, Nov 4, 2003