UAA High definition audio class driver - where?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Reinhard S., Mar 11, 2005.

  1. Reinhard S.

    Reinhard S. Guest

    Hi,

    because Sony did on my new Vaio FS115Z install so much SW, I do not need and
    which does slow down the performance, I want do do a clean XP-installation.

    I burned the notebook-drivers, Sony delivered with on the HDD, to a CD and
    installed XP new (not using the Recovery-DVD).

    The installation of XP and the most of the drivers went OK - but the
    modem-driver don't want to be installed and the audio-software does cancel
    installation at 50% with the message "Microsoft bus driver should be loaded
    in your system before installing Realtec high definition audio driver".

    I found, that the "UAA High definition audio class driver" is missing -
    this driver is not part of the Sony delivered drivers.

    Where can I get this driver?

    Thx
    Reinhard

    Reinhard S., Mar 11, 2005

  2. Reinhard S.

    tc Guest

    Why don't you just restore the laptop with the Sony discs and remove the and
    remove the software you don't want.
    Terry

    tc, Mar 11, 2005

  3. Reinhard S.

    bobb Guest

    Realtek.com.tw?

    Looks like it's complaining about the MS bus driver though.

    Once you got a clean install, I recommend using a software like GHOST
    to image a copy of the OS, so u don't have to do this again, ever.

    bobb, Mar 11, 2005
  4. Reinhard S.

    Reinhard S. Guest

    Realtek.com.tw?

    Hi,

    thanks - this I will try next.

    In the meanwhile I made an installation with the recovery-DVD - this
    installation DOES contain this driver = this driver is also contained
    anywhere in the recovery-DVD...

    ....but where? Not in the section /drivers....

    Thx
    Reinhard

    Reinhard S., Mar 11, 2005
  5. Reinhard S.

    Reinhard S. Guest

    Solved!

    thx - the audio-driver from Realtek does contain the UAA High definition
    audio class driver :).

    Thx
    Reinhard

    Reinhard S., Mar 11, 2005
  6. Reinhard S.

    davors Guest

    Guys, I had the same problem as Reihard did, because I had to install
    fresh Xp pro due to language obstacles. I bought my FS115Z on German
    and later found out I could not switch to English.
    However I don't wan't to loose the application bundle and I performed
    a recovery.

    Maybe some of you guys has an English version of FS115Z recovery DVD?
    I am willing for trade for my German version or some other software?
    I could also pay.

    Please help, as Sony's crapy tech support doesn't offer me any
    alternative: either clean install and loosing of my apps or stick
    with German version.

    davors, May 14, 2005