    jbander Guest

    What is taken off the ability of my video card so that it works in
    Recovery mode. What's missing

    jbander, Mar 25, 2011

  2. jbander

    Paul Guest

    What does /var/log/Xorg.0.log tell you ?

    Are you using /etc/X11/xorg.conf for control, or relying
    on Xorg to automatically configure the setup ?

    Are you using nv, nouveau, or vesa ? I haven't a clue
    as to what that means, but it is evidence you have been
    fooling around with your graphics subsystem :)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nouveau_driver

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 25, 2011

  3. jbander

    Le Forgeron Guest

    Le 25/03/2011 08:12, Paul nous fit lire :
    Maybe not.
    I have so far a "small issue": kernel (2.6.37-020637rc2... do not
    bother, it's experimental so far) complains at startup about missing
    v86d (it's a 64 bit system). But if I install it, the x system just does
    not start (or whatever, screens remains blank).

    Simply removing that package (v86d) solved that issue.
    (I'm using nvidia 270.29, via nvidia-current package)

    Le Forgeron, Mar 26, 2011