UK keyboard and US keyboard

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Ronnie, Mar 27, 2009.

  1. Ronnie

    Ronnie Guest

    How can I get my PC to use the UK keyboard?

    When I type in Microsoft Word or Notepad its uses the US keyboard. I have a
    tablet PC so I think this is causing the issue.

    I have checked the following registry settings and the settings are set to a
    UK keyboard

    Computer\HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Control Panel\International\locale = 00000809
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Control Panel\International\locale = 00000809

    I have also added another keyboard and the removed the UK keyboard from
    Control panel\Regional and language options. Added Uk Keyboard back and
    again. I still get the US keyboard.

    When I use the input panel then this uses the US keyboard so I think this is
    the cause of the issue.

    Can anybody help?
    Ronnie

    Ronnie, Mar 27, 2009

  2. Ronnie

    Ronnie Guest

    I have manged to solved the issue. It was fairly simple. The keyboard on
    the tablet was a US keyboard. Change langugue to English US and issue
    resolved

    Ronnie, Mar 27, 2009