    XP Enterprise licence (maybe it means XP Pro?)

    In quite good condition.

    £100? £120? £140?

    andrew, Dec 18, 2008

  2. andrew

    Palindrome Guest

    Here's what you can get for £120 + carraige:

    "Dell Optiplex 755 small form factor PC, E4300 Core2Duo CPU (2.2Ghz),
    1GB DDR2 RAM, 80GB HDD, DVD-ROM, 6x USB 2.0 ports, parallel/serial
    ports, Intel 965 onboard graphics. Fantastic little box and seriously
    quick. 120 quid plus post gets it.

    Email if interested."

    Palindrome, Dec 18, 2008

  3. andrew

    Surfer! Guest

    £50 or so. Mostly for the XP licence, if it's genuine.

    Surfer!, Dec 18, 2008
  4. andrew

    Lou Ravi Guest

    Tight bastard ;-)

    I'll offer 65.

    Lou Ravi, Dec 18, 2008
  5. andrew

    Wes Newell Guest

    Wouldn't have much value here. Maybe US$75 if the case and PSU where
    decent.

    Wes Newell, Dec 18, 2008
  6. andrew

    Surfer! Guest

    You must have too much money....

    Surfer!, Dec 19, 2008
  7. He lives in France so he'll probably be taking advantage of the exchange
    rate.

    mh.

    Marcus Houlden, Dec 19, 2008
  8. andrew

    Lou Ravi Guest

    I work in Euros so 65 quid is equivalent to about 45 a few months ago
    ;-)

    Lou Ravi, Dec 19, 2008
  9. andrew

    Lou Ravi Guest

    Indeed. I've suddenly become 'rich' without doing anything. Vive l'Euro

    Lou Ravi, Dec 19, 2008
  10. andrew

    Lou Ravi Guest

    I'll take the 00 then.

    Lou Ravi, Dec 19, 2008
  11. andrew

    andrew Guest

    On Thu 18 Dec08 22:18, Synapse Syndrome
    The Sempron 2800+ must be a decent enough processor (ok so yours was
    faster) so why is that system worth so little?

    I'm on an Athlon 2100+ (Via 266 chipset) and figured the Sempron 2800
    would be a step up. No?

    andrew, Dec 19, 2008
  12. andrew

    Rob Morley Guest

    The license is probably corporate, so worthless (non-transferable).
    Look at eBay completed listings for the other stuff:
    CPU ~ £10
    HD ~ £10
    MoBo ~ £15
    CDR ~ £1
    Go to somewhere like eBuyer and you can buy the bits to build a system
    with e.g. Athlon 64 X2 5200+, 160GB HD and 2GB RAM for £160[1].
    That's without an optical drive or operating system, but presumably you
    have those already, and it will provide a noticeable improvement over
    your current system.

    [1] That's with a cheap case/PSU, although not the cheapest. Most
    people would probably advise you to get something better - if the PSU
    fails it can take other stuff with it, and a better case will often
    have better cooling, which may prolong the life of other components.

    Rob Morley, Dec 20, 2008