    Does anyone have any links or ideas on using a Sun Ultra 2 workstation as a
    console on a SGI Origin 2000 system. I would imagine that all suns are the
    same. Any pointers would be helpful, thank you.

    Robert, May 10, 2005

  2. Ultra-2 is very good and dual cpu, but has only one PSU.
    if you want power redundance go for V240.
    or older E450, E420r, E250, E220r.
    /jörgen

    Jorgen Moquist, May 11, 2005

  3. Robert

    pardillico Guest

    You will not render all the aplications in you sun machine. The X server
    from sgi runs dgl, an antecesor of opengl, and no other X server runs
    these extensions.
    I will go for a SGI display.

    pardillico, May 11, 2005
  4. Goddag yxskaft ;-)